Adult Outpatient Psychiatrist Opportunity at Thriving Behavioral Health Facility
Northern Light Acadia Hospital in Bangor, Maine is seeking a full-time board-certified/board-eligible Psychiatrist to join our diverse Adult Outpatient team. In this position, you will join one of New England’s most comprehensive, technologically advanced freestanding psychiatric facilities.
- Work under the direction of the Medical Director of Adult Outpatient Services and in collaboration with a team of 5 other physicians, 9 PMHNPs, and 14 clinicians
- Responsibilities include direct patient care, teaching/supervision in our Medication Management, Narcotics Treatment Program, Therapy, Mood and Memory, Intensive Outpatient, and ECT/Ketamine services
- Schedule of 5 days per week – choose from 7-3, 8-4, 9-5, or 10-6
- Inpatient and hospital rounding calling opportunities for additional compensation in adult and pediatrics
- Ability to prescribe suboxone (X number preferable – or willing to obtain)
About the Program and Hospital:
Our Adult Outpatient Program is a major regional teaching and clinical resource. We have a large interdisciplinary team that provides adult medication management, psychotherapy, tele-psychiatry, an intensive outpatient program, opioid health home, a methadone program, geriatric neuropsychiatry with northern New England’s largest research initiative, and neuromodulation. Current partnerships are with Massachusetts General Hospital, Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation, and the University of Maine.
Northern Light Acadia Hospital is a regional, acute care psychiatric hospital that is a leader in the provision of tele-psychiatry services. We offer innovative programming in behavioral home health, integrated behavioral healthcare in primary care practices, a Mood and Memory Clinic, intensive outpatient treatment, ECT, Ketamine, and an inpatient psychiatric treatment and observation unit.
Why Choose Northern Light Acadia Hospital?
• Competitive compensation and benefits package
• Student loan reimbursement program of up to $1,000/month
• Generous sign-on and relocation bonuses
• CME allowance
• Ability to accommodate special interests
• Flexible schedules and exceptional work/life balance
• Leadership and teaching opportunities
For more information, please contact:
Kayla Mayo, Provider Recruiter
Call 207.275.1456 or text Outpatient Psychiatrist to 207.560.0133
Posted 12/20/22 – 3/31/22