Clinical Supervisor – (RN) Pediatric Specialty Care
Maine Medical Partners
Full Time, Days
Maine Medical Partners is seeking a Clinical Supervisor – (RN) Pediatric Specialty Care in Portland. The Clinical Supervisor leads a team of clinical staff in caring for patients in our Pediatric Developmental Pediatrics and Genetics practices. We are looking for a dynamic and collaborative leader with an interest in playing an active role in quality improvement and with strong clinical skills. Phlebotomy experience is strongly preferred. This position is responsible for supervising MA, RN, PSR staff within the practice.
The Clinical Supervisor provides direct patient care including telephone triage and supporting clinic visits in addition to overseeing staffing and scheduling and working with other managers on practice wide initiatives. Pediatric and/or psychiatric experience is preferred including knowledge of psychotropic medication. An interest or experience working with patients with Autism is also a plus.
- BSN preferred.
- Active State of Maine Nursing License or eligible for licensure to practice in Maine.
- Current BLS certification.
- Five years of experience in nursing. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing practices and standards, medical procedures, tests, and clinical/clerical skills necessary to perform all functions and assist physicians. Knowledge of pharmacology is desirable.
- Interpersonal and communication skills necessary to interact effectively with patients, families, and other health care providers
- Analytical ability sufficient to identify patients at risk and initiate appropriate action.
- Ability to identify potential crisis situations involving patients and/or families, and to plan strategies for managing these situations when they arise.
- Analytical ability required gathering and interpreting information necessary to resolve problems in an accurate and timely manner. Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Office suite applications such as Word and Excel.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Proven experience in a customer service environment.
- Skills in planning, organizing, delegating, and supervising
- Ability to maintain a professional manner even under stressful situations
About Maine Medical Partners
Maine Medical Partners (MMP) is a respected group of primary care and specialty medical practices. Working together to provide coordinated care, we make sure our patients receive safe, effective, high-quality services. MMP is a department of Maine Medical Center, which is part of the MaineHealth family of regional hospital systems. MMP providers work closely with hospital providers to coordinate the treatment and services our patients receive.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit family of high-quality providers and health care organizations committed to the health and well-being of the communities and people we serve. As the largest health care organization in Maine and a leading health care provider serving northern New Hampshire, MaineHealth is recognized as one of the nation’s top integrated health care delivery networks.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Posted 2/11/2021 for 30 days