MaineHealth Corporate/Accountable Care Organization
Part Time, Days
MaineHealth is currently seeking a Medical Director of their Behavioral HealthCare Program (BHCP) in Portland. The Medical Director will provide medical leadership to programs and services of BHCP. He/She will be responsible for the overall quality and effectiveness of medical services provided by BHCP. He/She will develop and provide direction to the utilization review, case management and performance improvement programs and provide supervision to the BHCP staff regarding clinical requirements of the program.
- Medical or osteopathic physician with an active Maine medical license in good standing with all regulatory and professional organizations.
- Board Certification in child/adolescent or adult psychiatry.
- Currently in a mental health clinical practice, with a minimum of five years’ experience in the practice of psychiatry.
- Membership in good standing in the MaineHealth ACO.
- Prior experience in managed care programs, quality management, utilization management, case management and performance improvement as asset.
- Remain current on mental health clinical issues and technological assessment.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Knowledge of the overall medical community and the local and regional managed care environment.
- Excellent communication and facilitative skills, particularly in working with physicians and other providers.
About MaineHealth Accountable Care Organization
The MaineHealth Accountable Care Organization is a network of 10 hospitals and over 1,600 healthcare providers dedicated to measurably increasing the quality and decreasing the cost of the care they deliver to more than 200,000 patients in Maine and northern New Hampshire. The team of more than 90 employees works directly with healthcare professionals, community partners and health plans to advance patient-centered, coordinated care. The goal of coordinated care is to ensure that patients, especially the chronically ill, get the right care at the right time while avoiding duplication of services and preventing medical errors.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Posted 12/20/2018 – 3/20/2019 (90 days)