Psychiatrist – Regional Medical Director Outpatient Brunswick & Damariscotta, Maine
Psychiatrist – Regional Medical Director Outpatient
Brunswick & Damariscotta, Maine
Live and Work in Maine…. In that order! Maine Behavioral Healthcare, a member of the MaineHealth System, is seeking a Psychiatrist to serve as Regional Medical Directory to outpatient practices in the beautiful coastal towns of Brunswick and Damariscotta, Maine. Our outpatient facilities provide an array of services for adults, adolescents, and children challenged with mental health, developmental disorders, co-occurring, and/or substance use issues.
This Regional Medical Director role is a balance of administrative and clinical duties which include:
- Providing leadership to multidisciplinary teams, physicians, and advanced practice providers
- Directing treatment team planning processes and providing pharmacologic and therapeutic interventions.
- Overseeing well established teams serving in a continuum of health and well-being practices
- Cultivating strong working relationships with other physician leaders, primary care providers, clinical directors, and practice managers.
Located within 30 miles of each other, Damariscotta and Brunswick are intimate New England towns with much to offer – farm to table restaurants, unique shops and many historic and cultural attractions. They are set amidst Maine’s legendary coastal region, with miles of oceanfront, rivers and streams, mountains and thousands of acres of forested woodlands and countless healthy activities to fill every season. You will love living and working in Maine… in that order!
The ideal candidate will have:
- minimum of 3 years of outpatient clinical experience with adults or adults and children
- a supportive and collaborative approach to administrative management and oversight
- prefer experience leading teams and navigating complex systems
Maine Behavioral Healthcare is a leader in northern New England for integrated care, serving patients living in southern, western, and central Maine. Maine Behavioral Healthcare is composed of Spring Harbor Hospital, southern Maine’s only nonprofit psychiatric hospital, Maine Medical Center Department of Psychiatry, Southern Maine Health Care’s Behavioral Health Services, and several nonprofit community health agencies. This fully integrated and growing system of behavioral healthcare makes it a regional and national model for treating people with behavioral health issues.
We welcome your inquiry and CV by email to
Steve Stout, MD, VP Med Affairs Ambulatory Svcs, MBH Psychiatry, at [email protected].
For more information about this and other opportunities, please visit https://www.careersatmainehealth.org.
Posted 4/1/2021 – 8/1/2021
- APA New Semi-Retired & Retired Membership Category
- Acadia Hospital Seeks Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Dr. Paul O’Leary, Former APA Speaker of the Assembly passes on May 12, 2021
- Expanding COVID Vaccination in Maine Physician Practices
- Riverview Psychiatric Center Seeks Outpatient Psychiatrist